|As of version 1.8.2 Andromeda works great in conjunction with the pMachine weblog/publishing system. This document assumes that you already have header & footer files that you include throughout your site.|
By following this approach, you can use pMachine tags to include such features as the membership tools and search box in your header and/or footer, to have them to appear on every page (including all Andromeda generated pages).
All you have to do is:
- Download the PHP version of Andromeda
- Put the Andromeda script in the pMachine folder
- Create a prefs file with the following settings (see the prefs guide) and put it in the same folder.
a sample andromedaPrefs.php file:
Note: the leading # is required. It prevents your preferences from being read by a web browser.
- You can configure Andromeda to hide specific folders. Add something like the following to your prefs file:
- By default, Andromeda will look in that same folder for media files. If you want to serve files from elsewhere on your box, you'll also need to include the following in your prefs file:
for Windows boxes:
for Unix boxes:
- If the play button doesn't work, you might need to set the hostAddress preference (see the prefs guide) to something like: 172.16.0.4 or mp3.mysite.com or mp3.mysite.com:8080